PGA Tour – 2013 US Masters Golf Tournament
When: Thursday, April 11, 2013 – Sunday, April 14, 2013
Where: Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia
The first major of the 2013 golf season begins this Thursday, and Tiger Woods is the overwhelming favourite. Tiger will look to win his fifth green jacket at Augusta and his fourth victory on the PGA Tour this season, but the competition will be tough.
2013 Masters Golf Betting Promotions & Offers
- Coral Bookmakers – Coral is running a great promotion during the 2013 US Masters. Place a bet in the outright market before the tournament and if your golfer finishes in 2nd place behind Tiger Woods you get up to a £100 free bet.
- Paddy Power – Paddies is paying out the top six (T6) places in the each-way outright winner market. The majority of bookmakers are only paying out T5 places in the E/W market.
Outright Winner Odds for the Top 20 Golfers
The odds below are based on the time this article is being written, Monday, April 8th at 6:30am EST). For the latest Masters odds, click on either of the sportsbook links listed below.
Will Tiger Woods Win the 2013 US Masters Tournament?
Augusta is one of the toughest golf courses to play in the world. The 7435-yard Par 72 course is suited towards golfers that have a long drive. In the last four years the winner of the US Masters had an average season driving distance of over 295 yards.
Tiger Woods (4.50) is #1 on the PGA Tour World Rankings after having a successful beginning to the 2013 season. Tiger has only played in five tournaments on the PGA Tour in 2013 and he has won three of them, including his L2 events last month.
Woods is right on the 295 yard driving distance cut-off. Woods ranks #32 in driving distance (295 yards). He is in great form, but will the “#1 Curse” haunt him? The world’s #1 golfer heading into the Masters hasn’t won the event since 2002, which happens to be when Woods #1.
Bubba Watson (41.00) won the 2012 US Masters and is a huge underdog this year due to his poor form. Watson has played in six events with only two T10 finishes, and his best finish being 4th place at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions to start the year.
Despite his poor form, Watson is ranked #7 in driving distance (301.5 yards) this season, which is perfect for Augusta. At this price you can’t pass up Watson in the E/W market. Charl Schwartzel (26.00) is another interesting prospect this weekend.
Schwartzel won the Masters in 2011, and this year he has two T10 finishes in five PGA Tour events. He also has been performing well this year in Europe. Schwartzel ranks #14 in driving distance this season with an average drive of 299.4 yards.
Phil Mickelson (12.00) is #10 on the PGA Tour World Rankings, but he has had a very inconsistent season. The 3-time US Masters winner is always a contender at Augusta, but he only ranks #78 in driving distance (288.4 yards), and therefore I won’t be betting him.
Rory McIlroy (9.00) is the co-favourite in the 2013 Masters Tournament after a strong 2nd place finish at the Texas Open this past weekend – but his form this year has been poor. I honestly don’t expect McIlroy to win and at 9.00 I feel his odds are too short.
Dustin Johnson (34.00) is another golfer I like this weekend. Johnson ranks #5 in driving distance (303.5 Yards) and he’s coming into the 2013 Masters in good form. Johnson was struggling, but in his L2 events he has a 12th place finish and 4th place finish.
2013 Masters Tournament Predictions
- Bet on Dustin Johnson E/W (34.00) @ Paddy Power
- Bet on Bubba Watson E/W (41.00) @ Coral Bookmakers
We haven’t seen a golfer win back-to-back Masters tournaments since 2001-02 (Tiger Woods). Watson is one of the most consistent drivers in the game and is built for Augusta. The best odds for Watson are 41.00 at Coral Bookmakers.
Dustin Johnson started the year hot by winning the Hyundai Tournament of Champions against a tough field, but he fell off the map until March. In March, Johnson played in two tournaments, with good results in both, so he should be more confident.
I expect Tiger Woods to be in the hunt for another green jacket as well, but his odds are very short. I prefer finding some value in the E/W market and this weekend I’m betting on Watson and Johnson to be contenders at Augusta.
- 2016 PGA US Masters Winner Odds, Preview and PredictionsWhen: Thursday, April 7th – Sunday, April 10th 2016 Course: Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia TV: ESPN (R1/R2) & CBC (R3/R4) IT’S time for the world’s most popular... more
- 2015 The Players Championship betting preview and tipsDate: Thursday, May 7th – Sunday, May 10th 2015 Course: TPC Sawgrass – Par 72 – 7,215 Yards OFTEN considered the “fifth major” – The Players Championship always brings out... more
- The Masters 2015 betting: McIlroy favored to win at AugustaDates: Thursday, April 9th – Sunday, April 12th 2015 Course: Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia Watch: ESPN & CBS RORY McIlroy is favored to win The Masters at Augusta,... more